Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pray for My Friend Shayne Wilson Today


Here is her latest post.  



Hair Loss
Written 15 hours ago
I am now officially losing my hair.    I woke up at 4:30 a.m. this morning with a terrible stinging sensation around my head.   This was followed by a very bad headache.    My friend Soosan, who also has breast cancer and is about 5 days ahead of me with her chemo, told me that she started losing her hair and had the same sensation.   It is really a "TRIP."   You can literally just pull it out.   FYI - even when you only have about 3/4 of an inch of hair, hair loss is a mess.   Frank and I decided to shave it almost bald so I would stop picking at my head.  :)   

Next Tuesday is my next chemo session.   I am DREADING it.   :(    It is like someone telling you, "Here!  Take this pill!   It will make you incredibly sick and you will feel like you are going to die."   Then you purposely, knowing all of that, take it.   I just have to keep reminding myself that I have no choice in the matter.   BLECH  >:oP       I know that I can do this, but it still sucks.   

So now you have all officially seen me in my bad mood.   I don't feel like having cancer today. 

Shayne - you inspire me with your courage and strength through this unthinkable adversity.  You are in my thoughts and prayers every day.

No comments: